Sunday, February 26, 2012

Single's Envy

I struggle with envy. It's a sin against God. It's not really loving someone to be envious of them. Yet, I still have trouble keeping it out of my life. There are so many things in life we can envy of our peers whether married or not. My biggest struggle is with peers who are finding love that are younger than me or that are finding love after divorces while I still remain single. I know God has a plan for me. I know that He will find me the person I'm supposed to be with in His work on earth.

Most of all, I'm praying a lot about this. It's amazing how reading scripture (or listening to it through my phone app) helps. God will help me through this and through all of the other things I keep trying to take back from Him. Lord, I'm loosening my grip. Take this from me. Amen.

"You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's." Exodus 20:17


"A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot." Proverbs 14:30


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness" Galatians 5:2

No comments:

Post a Comment