Friday, January 6, 2012

Cooking for 1

I LOVE leftovers, but some meals just give you leftovers for too many nights. Others are great, but not reheated. I don't mind cooking, it's the clean-up that gets me because I'm already tired at the end of the day. Plus, I'm picky...VERY picky. Since I don't have anyone who needs a dinner from me, I typically eat out every night. (hence part of the weight problem.) Until now... it's one of my goals (not a covenant at all) to cook dinner more often and save money.

So...from time to time. I'm going to share some of my successes as I try new recipes. Tonight was a rerun of something I haven't made in years. It's called Sunshine BBQ Chicken. I forgot how much I liked it and how easy it was even in clean up! It'll definitely be part of my repertoire now. I'm even considering meal planning to force me to cook more. And since I'm sharing recipes, I have to share a cake that's great for taking to events at work. It's easy, tastes great and is cheap to make. I stocked up on the supplies for it when they were on sale last week for Glazed Lemon Cake

In my decision to cook more, that gave me the chance to try a menu app. For now, I'm really liking Pepperplate.com. You can type in the recipes online and it loads to your app. Best of all, when I'm at the store, I have a list in my hand to check off so I don't forget anything that's in categories. It also has something that will let you reduce or increase your recipe, though I haven't tried that yet. It might be a good option for some future recipes. 

Now I just have to remember to say grace at every meal and not just the ones where someone's there with me. God is supplying my hunger needs, I really should thank Him for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment