Sunday, January 22, 2012

I'm 6%!!!

A Facebook acquaintance posted this the other day... "Have decided that I'm not 40-something! I'm 39.99 plus Shipping and Handling!." As a woman, I know that we get caught up in ages. I've heard the quotes about men aging more gracefully. Frankly, I don't believe it. I see many women my age who look a lot younger than their male peers. Perhaps it's all of the age-defying products we use now. 


Honestly, I know it's hard to accept one of those decade changers when birthdays roll around. It's different for everyone. Mine was 30. It was like I suddenly had to grow up. Now I'm 45 and not ashamed of it. I don't care anymore because I know who I am inside. Don't you know 50 is the new 30? At least, that's why "they" tell us. The problem is that "they" are usually in their 50s and wanting an excuse to look better to others. Why do they really care still at 50?


I look at 45 and feel young. It's because I'm a Christian. There were people a lot older than me in the Bible.  Noah was 500 when he had three sons. He was 600 when he was in the ark. Even if you convert it from their 10-month calendar to our 12-month version, he was still 500 in the ark. That means I'm only 9% of Noah's age during the flood. Actually, he lived 950 years according to Genesis 9 (750 years in our time). That's even better because that puts me at 6%. It will take me 7 1/2 years to get to 7%. 


So...the next time someone asks me my age, I'll tell them I'm 6%! 



No comments:

Post a Comment