Monday, January 23, 2012

Worry, Worry, Worry...

How much do you worry? I've worried enough to get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I've even worried enough to make me worry about getting an ulcer from worry. At least, that USED to be what happened. 

As a single woman, there are so many things to worry about:
  • Do I have enough to pay the bills?
  • How am I going to find time to keep the house clean?
  • How am I going to get all of that snow shoveled with my carpal tunnel?
  • How am I going to get the yard mowed since the dr. said no?
  • Who am I going to get do a major repair on the house?
  • What will I do if my job is cut?
  • Blind Dating. Will he be nice? Is he a closet maniac?
  • Will I ever get married?
  • Will I ever have kids"
  • Will I be alone the rest of my life?
  • What if the alarm doesn't go off?
There are SOOOO many things to worry about! Fortunately, refocusing my life on God has been a big help with worry. 

"So do not be afraid. I am with you. 
      Do not be terrified. I am your God.
   I will make you strong and help you.
      My powerful right hand will take good care of you.
      I always do what is right." (Isaiah 41:10)



In my times of worry, I take a mental step back and try to imagine myself laying in God's hand like a small creature being protected. To me, it's a way to imagine the comfort that He gives and the protection He provides. Those worries go straight to Him because I don't want to deal with them anymore. God is in control of my worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment